Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Forced Labor

On one occasion, after Moses had grown up, 
when he visited his kinsmen and witnessed their forced labor, 
he saw an Egyptian striking a Hebrew, one of his own kinsmen. 
Looking about and seeing no one, 
he slew the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. 
EXODUS 2 : 11-12



Father in heaven, You alone can heal our land and set us free from the abuses of corrupt leaders. Praise be to You O Lord my God for sending us godly people who can lead us to the right way.

In times past, You have sent prophets not to rule or lord over us but to be Your own shepherds in taking care of Your flock. In the end, You have sent Your only begotten Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to finally set us free and save us from the bondage of sin and rule over us with a true shepherd's heart.

Today, I humbly ask and pray for the shepherd's heart of Jesus in dealing with our laborers and co-workers. Instead of forced labor, may I work in defending and upholding a dignified labor. While no servant is above his master, a servant should always be treated with love, care, and respect. 

Indeed, Your plan can never be thwarted. I believed that in Your own perfect time, I will be able to pass on the leadership and stewardship You have entrusted to me to whoever You shall appoint and anoint to take my place. It may still be a long journey before this happens but as always, it is You who shall lead the way.

As always, I surrender completely to the power of your mighty hands that always works for good in me. May Your will and purpose always prevail. All glory and honor are Yours now and forever!

With much love and thanksgiving I humbly pray, in Jesus Name. Amen.