Friday, May 22, 2015

STRETCH OUT YOUR HANDS

A Helping Hand is the true manifestation of your love for Jesus. Whatever helping hand you extend today will eventually return to you even more once you grow old. It is a wise form of investment for your old age most especially when you are no longer capable of doing things on your own.

As the Lord said, "Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” (Jn 21:18)
My wife's eldest brother Boy will be confined today at the Medical Center Muntinlupa so that the intestines in his stomach can be further examined and cleaned. He is quite hesitant to undergo this treatment because of its expenses and does not want to place such burden to his sisters. My wife assured him that it is alright and what is important is for him to be cured.

Being the eldest, Boy spent most of his life in Leyte as a poor fisherman until today. Although he was not able to help his sisters financially, he was always there to give them his helping hand. Now that he is already a senior citizen, his love and care for his sisters had paid off. All of them are exerting their efforts to raise the amount needed for his hospitalization.
The love you have for Jesus by way of helping and taking care of others will surely bounce back to you. Peter who was just a fisherman was able to bounce back from his mistakes of denying Jesus to become a builder of the Lord's church. He is now known as St. Peter who was entrusted by the Lord to tend His flock.

It is time for you to bounce back my friend. Stretch out your hand to help those who are in need so that your future can be full of help from the hand of God.


Lord, you are the hand that works in me. I shall follow you in whatever you do because of your love for us. Thank you so much for making me as an instrument of your blessings. All the graces I receive from you are meant to be shared most especially to the poor. In the end, I shall be the one who will truly benefit from the helping hand that I extend today. May your mercy and compassion be always in my heart in all the things I say and do. With much love I pray in Jesus Name. Amen.



Pericope:
JESUS AND PETER - John 21:15-19