Friday, May 1, 2015

Rest from Work

TAKE TIME-OUT 
TO REST FROM ALL YOUR WORKS. 
EVEN GOD RESTED 
AFTER FINISHING HIS WORK.


Thus the heavens and the earth and all their array were completed. Since on the seventh day God was finished with the work He had been doing, He rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation.


“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves."

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord!




Pericope:
FIRST STORY OF CREATION - Genesis 2:1-3
HYMN OF THANKSGIVING - Psalm 118:17
THE GENTLE MASTERY OF CHRIST - Matthew 11:28-29


Published:
November 12, 2014 - 6:14AM
April 19, 2014 - 8:46AM